What to Look for When You Buy Organic Coconut Oil
Luckily it’s pretty simple…
ONE ingredient.. 100% cold-pressed certified organic coconut oil.
That’s pretty much it 🙂 Certified Non-GMO is also a consideration. I eat, drink and even brush my teeth with coconut oil! So, it’s extra important to find a quality buy.
I was so big at the end of my pregnancy I could barely roll over in under 30 seconds. Thanks to using coconut oil in the bath water (and as lotion), I don’t have one single stretch mark… My tummy muscles split but no cray damage to my belly skin, what?! I have been IN LOVE with organic coconut oil ever since.
I found that unless I bought the cold pressed unrefined VIRGIN oil, whatever they used to process it with would dry my skin out. When I switched to the best quality, I had nothing but silky smooth luxury.
There are so many uses for coconut oil..
I will say I’m not a huge fan of it’s effects on my hair. Some swear by it otherwise, but as conditioner, it was too shiny and greasy for me. I may try again with a higher quality grade.
This is one of those products where buying 100% Quality (coconut oil) is worth every penny.
Carrington Farms seems to be a great family owned US company. It is my top pick as far as “bang for buck” goes. The smaller Nutiva jar for under $10 is more convenient for dental use and as a nutritional supplement & replacement for butters and fats. You’ll see it is right in the same price range as well. You can’t really go wrong with the right search criteria. Check it out:
Here are some benefits & things I look for while shopping:
- USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Virgin, Kosher, Non-Hydrogenated, No Cholesterol
- Freshly made from cold-pressed coconuts, with a light and pleasant coconut taste and aroma
- Nutritional health benefits of 50% lauric acid and 62% medium-chain triglycerides
- Great for sautéing and baking, oil pulling & skin and hair care
- Certified organic
- No trans and hydrogenated fats
- You can use coconut oil as a healthy and delicious replacement for butter or fat
- Sauteed vegetables, roast sweet potatoes, add to smoothies or mix into cereal
- Coconut oil is the most nutritious oil and the perfect choice for your health and energy
- Use coconut oil as a healthy and delicious replacement for butter or fat
- You can sauté vegetables, roast sweet potatoes, add to smoothies or mix into cereal
- No trans and hydrogenated fats, certified organic
Since I shop for coconut oil quite often, these seem to be the ones I purchase the most.